🗳️Vote: How do your customers pay you?

We want to make the process of collecting payment from customers a breeze. To help us achieve this, we’d love to learn more about how customers currently pay you.

Please complete our poll below by selecting one of the options listed below:
:bank: Bank transfer: Customers make a transfer funds to a designated bank account
:money_with_wings: Cash: Customers pay with physical cash
:computer: Cryptocurrency: Customers pay you in cryptocurrency (e.g. Bitcoin)
:date: Direct debit: Customers make recurring payments via direct debit from their bank account
:credit_card: EFTPOS: Customers swipe or tap their credit or debit card onto a physical payment terminal to make a payment
:globe_with_meridians: Online payment gateway: Customer can pay your business directly via a website
:grey_question: Other: We’d love to hear more about how you collect payment from your customers

How do your customers pay you?
  • Bank transfer
  • Cash
  • Cryptocurrency
  • Direct debit
  • EFTPOS
  • Online payment gateway
  • Other (please comment below)

0 voters

As always, your feedback is invaluable and will allow us to shape Parpera’s product to meet your needs.

1 Like

Thanks for this @Ahijith!

:bank: Bank transfer consistently comes up as the most frequent method used to receive payments across the business owners, freelancers and entrepreneurs that we’ve spoken with.

I’m curious to hear how many people are taking up NPP (PayID) as method to receive money for their business and whether any one goes to the effort of setting up BPay? :thinking:

:credit_card: Further, would people accept card payments if they had an easier and faster way to do so? (without the need for a physical device)

Thanks @Ahijith :slight_smile:

Speaking from my own experience accepting payments from clients for development work, bank transfer has been the primary method of payment for a couple of reasons:

• Accessibility - pretty much everyone can make a simple BSB & account number transfer
  • Confidence - once I see the transfer it is settled and cannot be revoked so I know I have the money

The biggest downsides to this method however are:

• Speed - the payment will take a minimum of 1 business day to settle (for first time payments from a client, even if their account is NPP enabled)
  • Visibility - neither the client nor I have any knowledge that the payment went to the correct account or was even initiated at all until it is finalised

I think if we can enable payments which improve on the latter points without sacrificing accessibility and confidence then we are on the right track!

Further to @Daniel’s question around taking card payments without a terminal, we’re very interested in what the ideal payments collection process would look like to you, and which aspects (similar to the ones I listed above) are most important to you and your business.

1 Like

A big thank you for everyone who has contributed so far, it’s been great to watch the votes trickle through; please keep them coming!

Bank transfer is winning the race at the moment, no surprises here given how accessible this method of payment is. It’s interesting to see that based on the early responses, we already have a business that accepts cryptocurrency. We will keep a close eye on this space. :face_with_monocle:

1 Like