People of Parpera - Julio Zavagli: Mastering the mind through Yoga

Introducing Parpera member Julio Zavagli who is the founder of Bhava Yoga. Julio is a Yoga instructor who teaches private sessions, workshops and hosts retreats across Australia.

AROO-photography-03798

Why did you decide to start your own business?
My number one motivation to start was to share the benefits of yoga for everyone. People think they have to be flexible and slim to learn Yoga, but this is not the case at all. Yoga is really about the mind and everyone can benefit by learning some breathing techniques and meditation.

My approach is to make Yoga accessible to everyone.

The real benefits of Yoga and meditation is to help you to achieve a happier life, by understanding how your mind works and what to do to learn self mastery of your consciousness.

The path of Yoga is the path of self-study.

What has been the most rewarding aspect of running your business(es)?
It is being able to see the transformation of students, to see their smile in their face after a session or a Yoga retreat. I love when people share with me when they are using what they have learned in class in their daily life.

I had a student with cancer and she told me that every time she was having chemo she was practising some of the tools that I taught her in class to keep herself calm. This kind of message makes my heart sing.

What are your top 3 frustrations with managing money for your business and what would a better future look like?
Be able to control all the expenses and incomings in one place, not having to lose time to do my tax return at the end of the year and to have a system in place to help to control my invoices, which ones are paid and which ones are over due so I donโ€™t lose any money.

The [Parpera] invoice looks amazing and very professional and I love how it includes my branding

Anything else youโ€™d like us to mention?
I would like to share my website Bhava Yoga and instagram for people that want to have the benefits of Yoga and meditation in their life.

Thanks so much Julio! :pray: