Introducing our Risk and Compliance Advisor: Chris Lim!

Welcome Chris Lim to the Parpera team as our Risk and Compliance Advisor :tada:

Tells us a bit about yourself
Hi, I’m Chris. I have 14+ years’ experience working with financial services businesses, both as a legal adviser and consultant. I have broad experience across the industry and have advised payment providers, super funds, insurers, financial planners, stockbrokers and investment funds. While I’m not keeping watch over Parpera’s risk and compliance activities, you can usually find me at the local sailing club. :sailboat:

Why did you want to join Parpera?
I joined Parpera as I’m excited to be part of an opportunity to help build the future of money for businesses!

What does building the future of money for businesses mean to you?
To me, building the future of money for businesses means making it more simple. Let’s take the example of a business making a sale. First, you need to make the sale, generate an invoice, and then enter the sales revenue into your accounts. Then you need to process payment, track whether payment is received in your bank account and issue a receipt. You also need to prepare a periodic report to the ATO on revenue either on a cash or accrual basis. Imagine living in a world where some or all of this could be automated…

Thanks Chris! So excited to have you on board. :raised_hands: