Introducing our CTO: Nathan Liu

July has been a month at Parpera, as we prepared for our equity crowdfunding campaign and continued to build out our community, product, and team!

One very exciting development is that we hired and onboarded our Chief Technolgy Officer (CTO), Nathan Liu (@Nathan) :tada: :tada:

Nathan joins us after successfully building and scaling Zeux, a UK-based neobank, from the ground up and established the strong technical foundations of the business that allowed it to iterate, experiment and rapidly grow with confidence.

Nathan moved from Australia to London over a decade ago and remains strategically based in London, to maintain access to leading fintech design and technology practices in the UK, a market that is 3-5 years ahead of Australia.

Nathan has held other lead engineering roles at Just Eat and Investec and is passionate about discovering and delivering wonderful technology products, great leadership and building strong communities.

We’re really excited to have Nathan on the team and can’t wait to build Parpera with him! :rocket:

We asked Nathan to write a brief introduction, so you can all get to know him. You can check it out below :slight_smile:

I’m Nathan and I have the privilege of being responsible for Parpera’s technical platform.

My background is in application development and scalable architecture, and I have had the good fortune of working with some amazingly progressive tech companies throughout my career such as Bookatable, and Just Eat where I’ve taken on a wide variety of roles from engineering, to delivery, to leadership.

I spent the last few years in London being the CTO of a neo-banking startup where I initially built its payment platform and technical foundations, then focused on strategy and leadership as the company scaled.

When Dan and I met a few years ago, we immediately bonded over the fintech companies we looked up to, what we can learn from them and how to bring all of our experiences back to Australia. My ambition is to build a tech family within Parpera based on respect, and generosity. A tightly-knit group of people who can stand proud knowing they have made a profound impact on the prosperity of the larger Parpera business community. But most of all, this journey should be filled with fun and excitement! I’m chuffed to be part of what’s already looking to be a thriving community and look forward to learning and sharing with you all.

3 Likes