Hello Parpera members! With 2022 round the corner, we’ve curated some awesome events to help you reach your business goals in the new year.
FINANCIALS, TAX AND RECORDKEEPING (8 Dec - 20 Jan)
- Goods and services tax (GST) introduction (ATO) - 8 Dec 11am-12pm AEST - This 60-minute introductory session covers who needs to register for the goods and services tax (GST), when to register and how to register. It also lists your ongoing obligations once you are in the GST system. Note: This session does not explain how to record for GST or how to report GST. These are covered in other sessions such as Connecting online with the ATO.
- Connecting online with the ATO: Sole traders (ATO) - 9 Dec 11am-12pm AEST - This session is for sole traders who want to know how to manage their tax and super commitments online. In this 60- minute session, you will learn how to register, lodge and pay online for commitments such as your GST pay as you go withholding, pay as you go instalments, your tax return and more.
- Budgeting for your commitments (ATO) - 10 Dec 11am-12pm AEST - In this 60-minute session, you’ll learn a simple five-step process to stay on top of your regular financial commitments. Find out how to identify business activities that trigger financial responsibilities and get practical help to plan for and meet your future commitments.
- Introduction to business records (ATO) - 14 Dec 2-3pm AEST - Are you starting a new small business? In this introductory 60-minute session, you’ll learn about which business records to keep, the legal requirements and how long to keep your records. This basic session also introduces you to the benefits of developing good record keeping habits as well as tools to help you manage your records.
- Running a home-based business (ATO) - 15 Dec 2-3pm AEST - Running your small business from your home may cost you more in expenses such as electricity, gas, phone, furniture, and cars. In this 60-minute session find out what expenses you can claim for tax deductions and how to calculate the amounts you can claim.
Please comment or post any events you’d like to share!