Hi Parpera members!
We know that running a business can be tricky. That’s why we’re introducing this Events category to curate information and networking opportunities to help you reach your business goals. We have grouped events into categories for easy navigation - please comment below if there’s another category you’d like us to make.
FINANCIALS, TAX & RECORD KEEPING (16 Sept - 16 Oct)
- Introduction to business records (ATO) - 24 Sept 11am-12pm AEST - Are you starting a new small business? In this introductory 60-minute session, you’ll learn about which business records to keep, the legal requirements and how long to keep your records. This basic session also introduces you to the benefits of developing good record keeping habits as well as tools to help you manage your records.
- Budgeting for your commitments (ATO) - 21 Sept or 13 Oct 12-1pm AEST - In this 60-minute session, you’ll learn a simple five-step process to stay on top of your regular financial commitments. Find out how to identify business activities that trigger financial responsibilities and get practical help to plan for and meet your future commitments.
- Goods and services tax (GST) introduction (ATO) - 23 Sept 11am-12pm, 28 Sept 2-3pm, or 6 Oct 12-1pm AEST - This 60-minute introductory session covers who needs to register for the goods and services tax (GST), when to register and how to register. It also lists your ongoing obligations once you are in the GST system. Note: This session does not explain how to record for GST or how to report GST. These are covered in other sessions such as Connecting online with the ATO.
- Connecting online with the ATO: Sole traders (ATO) - 20 Sept 9-10am, 28 Sept 11-12pm, or 15 Oct 10-11am AEST - This session is for sole traders who want to know how to manage their tax and super commitments online. In this 60- minute session, you will learn how to register, lodge and pay online for commitments such as your GST pay as you go withholding, pay as you go instalments, your tax return and more.
- Running a home-based business (ATO) - 22 Sept 2-3pm, 30 Sept 2-3pm or 8 Oct 12.30-1.30pm AEST - Running your small business from your home may cost you more in expenses such as electricity, gas, phone, furniture, and cars. In this 60-minute session find out what expenses you can claim for tax deductions and how to calculate the amounts you can claim.
PARPERA OPEN CALLOUT
We’re also seeking Expressions of Interest if you’d like to host an event in collaboration with Parpera for our community. This could be anything from how to automate your business flows, to managing your mental health as a business owner. This’ll be a great way to meet other business owners, share ideas, and promote your brand.
Please email email@example.com if you’re interested or comment below! Please also comment below any events you’d like to share!